USB Floppy 9.99 after MIR @ Office Max

Kahnvex

2[H]4U
I know this may not be the thing everybody needs, buuuuut

OM has the Mad Dog external USB floppy drives for $34.99 - 5 instant and $20 MIR
USB external floppy

I needed one for various purposes and it's a good price. Label says it's a teac drive, so it's not UTTER crap.

Hope somebody can use that info :)

T

I use them as a support tech. transfer files from laptops that are nit able to get network connectivity. my company is too cheap old fashioned to buy a USB flash drive, so they spend more money on an older technology that is les stable and has a lower capacity. I love my job...

I'm getting ready to get a shuttle, and theres no way I'm putting a floppy in that, but for the off chance that my fiance brings home something from a co-worker or student who hasn't switched to a flash drive yet (like I made her do), it would be decent to have.

I was so mad all throughout college that we had cd-rw's everywhere and they still wanted me to give them my stuff on damn floppy. Haven't used them in years + you try fitting a multipage slideshow with pictures on one...

Now everything is done on-line and I have a writing teacher who won't accept things via email grrrrrrrr.

T

floppy's, what's that "while looking at my thumbdrive".... :D :p :)

OMAX BLIZOWS when it comes to honoring rebates!
They are asymptotically approaching the lameness of TD status.
There's a class action suit against them somewhere in the Midwest.

They f****d me out of $40 for a DVD-R drive.

I was unaware of that. THanks for the heads up. Wish I'd known a tad sooner :(

Hopefully my rebate luck will hold out on this one.

My rules when it comes to rebates.

Scan in or hardcopy all materials involved. Put a note in calendar or outlook dating when I sent them off, and what the expected time frame is to be for return

Have the rebate center phone number handy so I can do some bitchin if the need arises!

T

fore1337 said:
OMAX BLIZOWS when it comes to honoring rebates!
They are asymptotically approaching the lameness of TD status.
There's a class action suit against them somewhere in the Midwest.

They f****d me out of $40 for a DVD-R drive.
I am still waiting on that $40 dvd-r rebate. It has been ready for final processing for more than a month now. :rolleyes:

jpmkm said:
I am still waiting on that $40 dvd-r rebate. It has been ready for final processing for more than a month now. :rolleyes:

You can actually check their website.
I had all of my paperwork submitted a good week before the deadline (extra copies didn’t do crap for me). Then the day after the deadline expires the OM rebates site showed my status as “materials not received on time” or something along those lines. A few months later I read about a class action law suit.

This guy seems to really like his floppy drives... a little too much...

Seriously, though, I'd be hard pressed to find a use for a USB floppy drive...

burningrave101 said:
Can you use a thumbdrive to load SATA/RAID drivers on a Windows XP install?

I haven't figured out a way to do this yet. (other then building a custom XP install disk)
I usually have an extra floppy disk drive laying around just for this reason...

BUT no laptops I have ever seen require exotic floppy mass storage device controller drivers for the XP Pro install. ie. no need for a floppy drive on a notebook anymore.

"PNP Motha F***a" -The big Hit

SilenceEchoed said:
This guy seems to really like his floppy drives... a little too much...

Seriously, though, I'd be hard pressed to find a use for a USB floppy drive...

That is awesome! I'm so jellous. :mad: :p

Back