USB Flash Drive Security Question

roaf85

2[H]4U
Just a question. In a Windows Server using an Active Directory policy on computers running Windows XP hows does it handle software being run from flash keys. Meaning U3 technology etc. If you deny installion privilages to your workgroup or users could they get around this by installing and running programs off the USB key.

How does this effect other operating systems. Trying to get an image of how corporate world handles these concerns.

That is awesome. Do you deploy that across all the machines in the business? Do you have to have a specific license for each work station?

That is awesome. Do you deploy that across all the machines in the business? Do you have to have a specific license for each work station?

You deploy it via the EndPoint Security program to workstations/servers/laptops. Each license can be used for either a workstation/server/laptop.

The smallest package you can get comes with licenses for 25 computers (workstations/laptops/servers).

Check out the screenshots & pricing for more info.

I wish we had those kind of policies. Our users are free to install whatever they want including itunes, limewire, uninstalling the corporate AV and installing their own(probably better than the corporate one but still), downloading all kinds of spyware removers that remove all the spyware except themselves, opening .exe's that are email attachments (why they are allowed through the server at all I still don't know), all of their kids bob the builder and lego this/that games, and funnybunny.exe. It makes me want to stab someone.

Everytime I see iTunes on a corporate notebook I die a little inside.

i think windows 2000 / 2003 will block most USB memory sticks anyway. They use a little program that they install to the system. As the users don't have the rights to install the USB sticks don't work.

Back