• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB Flash drive help??

transam02

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
118
I have a kingston usb flash drive and formatted it to ntfs on vista. Now my question is related to xp. Everytime I plug it into a xp machine it will run the autoplay but whenever I go into my computer and try to double click it, it gives me an error saying windows cannot find g:\m.exe. But if I right click and select open it will open up. I am wondering why it would be giving me an error with the double click method and not with the other one. I dont even know why it would be looking for an excutable file on a usb flash drive. If anyone can give some insight please let me know.
 
Potential virus or trojan hidden on the drive, it's worth checking out. Why not format it on the XP machine as FAT32 and see what happens...

After a clean format there should NEVER be anything, not even a single zero-byte file, of any kind on such a drive... nothing at all.
 
I had an old thumb drive that did this same thing. After i formatted it. I got annoyed, so i formatted it again and it doesn't do it anymore.
 
Well it was formatted to fat32 and it was giving me the errors. So I reformatted bout 2 weeks ago to ntfs and I am still gettin the errors. But I did put the old stuff back on there I will run some checks on it and see if that helps.
 
Back
Top