• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB/Firewire Soundblasters...

PlatinumFX

n00b
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
19
Im expecting a Shuttle SN25P system anyday now and while I have been told the audio is "good" / "fine" / "ok"; its not the keyword I am looking for. "Great".
My x1900xt will be taking up both slots (although its covering a PCI-E 1x which is of little use for now anyway) hence the need for an external sound card. The Creative SB XiFi range sound (sorry) "great" so I was wondering if anyone was aware of plans by Creative to bring to market an external version. If not, could any one recommend me some of their previous external models?
I'll be using a pair of Sennheisser RS140 head phones so good analogue (as well as digital for my 5.1 system) are a must. Should I expect a note worthy performance hit by using firewire/usb for sound?

N.B. Im happy to consider other manufacturers. Budget would be up to around £100 / $180 USD / $200 Canadian / 145 Euro's.

Thx in advance. :)
 
Te barebone you are getting comes equipped with VIA Envy24 onboard sound
which is not bad at all, but if you are gaming Audigy 2 NX would be a better choice.
Live 24 bit is another, cheaper option that lacks EAX4 - but is still better then onboard.
If you plan to do some professional audio recording look at M-Audio, ESI and EMU products for they have better mic preamps. The last card worth mentioning is Audigy 2ZS Video Editor. According to what I have read it is indeed Audigy 2ZS on USB with added video editing features.Here is the link to Audigy 2zs Video Editor Good Luck!
 
Thanks for the link. While the review was quite positive of the sound card part of that product; I dont need a video capture device. That may only lead me to paying more than I want to. Also Audigy 2 is a bit old now. Im really after Audigy 4 or ideally XiFi (should an external version ever come to exist).
 
PlatinumFX said:
Thanks for the link. While the review was quite positive of the sound card part of that product; I dont need a video capture device. That may only lead me to paying more than I want to. Also Audigy 2 is a bit old now. Im really after Audigy 4 or ideally XiFi (should an external version ever come to exist).


Unless you can free up that pci slot don't expect to be getting an audigy 4 or xfi
 
Back
Top