• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB DVI video card --- they exist?

eth00

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
1,090
I have a laptop right now and already have a samsung 960bf (which I love) hooked up to the monitor port. I am looking at getting another 19" but have not been able to find any decent video card that is analog or digital. I think http://www.usbgear.com/USB-Video-Card.html is going to be the way I end up going but I would rather another.

Does anybody know of a USB dvi device? I will most likely get a cheaper lcd for the second but I was trying to get a decent output. Thanks!
 
I really doubt even USB 2.0 has the bandwidth to support a display at a decent framerate.
 
while googling last night I did come across USB2 video adapters. They were mainly just used to add the ability to have a second monitor on a pc that didn't have that ability to begin with. Not meant for gaming by ANY means. Typical GUI stuff is about all it's good for. If I can find the link to them I found last night I'll post it.

:EDIT: hehe...that history file is good for more than finding the porn sites the kids have been on :p
http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=113&sku=30534
 
Back
Top