USB Drive bootable multi OS setup.

ShepsCrook

[H]F Junkie
I've been looking into making a USB flash drive with multiple OSes to choose to install from. Such as Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate x86 and x64, as well as Ubuntu 10.04 LTS x86 and x64.

But everything I've found doesn't work right.

Has anyone had any luck with anything like this?

Why don't you just offer him suggestions? I don't have anything to contribute to this thread but you apparently do so just do it?

I'm not sure if you've seen enough threads here, but sometimes suggestions can be shot down pretty quick. I'd rather take the patient approach. Why rush? You seem like you want to know yourself.

nice idea. so whats wrong with pendrivelinux?
imagine, a USB flash disk with Win7 user selectable x64/x86, Win Vista x64/x86, WinXp sp3 pro/home, DOS, Ubuntu...etc
and all those...
Hiren's BootCD | GParted LiveCD | Ultimate Boot CD for Windows | Ultimate Boot CD | Darik’s Boot and Nuke | Bart’s Preinstalled Environment | SystemRescueCD | Offline NT Password & Registry Editor | Knoppix Linux Live CD | Ophcrack LiveCD | Helix Live CD | Passware Windows Key | Active@ Password Changer | Knoppix

edit: what about Grub4DOS?

Last edited:
I've tried it and it does not seem to work for me. I'm going to continue trying this evening as well.

I like the idea since I've got a spare 16GB flash drive that could hold the main Windows 7 discs that I use, and Linux and a couple other tools on there. It would be nice to be able to pop that drive in instead of digging up a disc.

Back