USB Device Not Recognized

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
So, I have a PC at my business that keeps popping up "USB Device Not Recognized" errors. I've tried everything I could think of, plus a bunch o Google-fu results. Uninstalled / reinstalled drivers, remove power and reboot, etc. etc.

At this point I am thinking that the motherboard has "shit-the-bed" and is going to need to be replaced. It's a cheap-ass computer so I'll be replacing the whole unit with a Dell.

Any other suggestions before I do this?

EDIT: If I leave the "Device Manager" window open, I can watch an "Unknown Device" appear and disappear from the list every time the system throws an error. I have already tried installing drivers for this device with no avail.

Last edited:
Any way of running a live version of linux off the dvd-rom to see if its the OS?

I suppose I could... The thing is, all USB devices WORK when plugged in... But I keep getting the OS throwing errors.

Would Linux throw errors like that with no device plugged in or with working devices?

I've been having this issue as well. I can't pinpoint what device it thinks is failing. Everything is working properly!

Here's what I'm experiencing. I even tried disabling the "faulty" device, and it just added a new one after a reboot!
8JN4Es3.jpg

Last edited:
If it's over threes years old, replace it with something much newer and if it's your business try saving, but then again anything over three years old ant worth saving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back