USB Clip-on Microphone

Jenova

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
224
Can anyone suggest a good, cheap USB clip mic? I'd like to have a USB connection since I have a USB port on my monitor's base. I don't want to have to stretch the mic cable across my desk if I can help it. This mic will be used with BeyerDynamic DT770.
 
Zalman's. It's about $10, there are several sources including Amazon, and it is better than many/most headset mics (at least, gaming headsets...if you want to go drop $1000++ on an aviation headset maybe it gets a little different :D).
 
Also since you want usb I suppose you could always get a cheap stick like soundcard with a mic input and use it with the Zalmans.
 
I couldn't find a Zalman microphone that had a USB connection, so I'll probably get the MM-MIC1. The reviews seem to be very positive and under $8.00USD shhipped is a great price.

Anthor question is: What is the absolute cheapest DDL/DTSc soundcard solution for my DT770+Zero DAC setup? Does the Audigy line have DDL/DTSc functionality or do you have to use modded drivers?
 
Unless I'm horribly mistaken, sending a DDL/DTS-Connect signal to a Zero DAC isn't going to work since it doesn't have any decoders for Dolby/DTS. The closest equivalent I can think of is applying Dolby Headphone/CMSS3D DSP effects to the digital out (and I'm not even sure if you can do that), in which case you'd need a real X-Fi or a CMI8788 based card like the Xonar.
 
Back
Top