USB Cables?

termite

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
5,925
I was looking to extend the USB cables for the front USB ports on my case to facilitate a mod I'm working on. The current USB port that I have was taken from an older case and was mounted on the bottom front of the case. I would like to add this port to the top of my case, but will need to lengthen the cables by a foot or so. Has anyone heard of extending USB cables? I know they are just wires, but I was worried about signal loss, etc.
Any help would be great.
 
You're talking only like 6 to 12 inches right?

Just whack the cable apart a few inches behind the mobo plug, splice/solder/hs a few chunks of wire in and you are ready to rock and roll.
 
Sweet, thanks for the quick reply.... I kind of figured, but I wanted to check before I started to hack and slash. I also plan to use USB cabling for the splice.
 
Back
Top