• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB Audio

JOSHSKORN

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
262
I have a question about audio devices that you plug into the USB port versus plugging into the regular speaker/microphone jack.

I read somewhere that when plugging your audio devices into a USB port versus the regular speaker/microphone jacks, that your soundcard is bypassed and that there's a separate driver that processes the audio. Is this true or can someone explain to me how this works? Is there a posting somewhere that relates to this?
 
I really don't know how it works. I have four computers two with sound cards and a usb head phone. The head phones work with the two that don't have sound cards and don't work with the two that have sound cards. I was reading a thread on here a while back and I think it was about sound cards and on board sound and someone said it would be wasted money to buy a usb head phone and use a sound card.
 
Back
Top