• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB 3 to USB 2 internal adapter cable

ashmanq

n00b
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
11
I have built myself an HTPC using the Wesena ITX-7 case (with USB2 front port). Ive got the Asus F1A75-I mini-ITX motherboard that has a USB2 header and USB3 20 pin header.

My problem is that Ive used the USB2 header for the inbuilt IR receiver and the memory card reader. I need to connect the two USB 2 headers to the motherboard so have been looking at a USB3 to USB2 adapter solution.

Is there any solution to this? I bought this: http://www.coolermaster.nl/shop/popup_image.php?pID=807&osCsid=ujbbif6q7l59dlu4qk14jjd9c7 but the usb 3 end is the male type. I need a female end to connect to my board.

The USB 3 header on my motherboard is circled in red in the following picture:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/motherboard.jpg/
 
Last edited:
I have precisely the same problem with a Wesena ITX7 case. There appear to be no USB3.0 to USB2.0 conversion cables or adapters. But I found this on the Lian Li site:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...x=593&cl_index=2&sc_index=50&ss_index=131&g=f

We can cut out the HD audio cable, plug the USB3.0 cable end into the USB3.0 header, and be left with one USB3.0 port and one USB2.0 port for the front of the case. But we would need to find some way of physically replacing the 2 USB ports in the front of the case with the 2 ports on the Lian Li cabling. My friend has the ITX7 case right now, so I can't work on this issue. But I'll go to the Lian Li retail site in the U.S. and find out how much their cabling solution costs.

John.
 
I understand that Antec sells one but I can't find it for sale anywhere (look about 2/3 down on the page here: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1775/4/). I also know that Lian Li makes one for their cases but I don't know if they would actually sell it to you individually. Try contacting customer support for both companies to see if you can buy one as no one sells an adapter cable. There is an adapter card for sale and it allows you to actually use the USB 3.0 but it costs $30 w/shipping: http://www.directron.com/ec01.html.
 
Back
Top