Hi, hope this is in the right section, but I have a quick question.
My old usb hub is in the process of slowly dying and I noticed now that there are usb 3.0 hubs available now. I have two usb 3.0 ports built into my motherboard so I'm wondering if there's any advantage using a USB 3.0 hub for ~3 USB 2.0 external hard drives?
Looking at it from a simplistic standpoint, there is more bandwidth available to a USB 3.0 port and the drives are operating individually at lower speeds, so would there be a difference?
Thanks
My old usb hub is in the process of slowly dying and I noticed now that there are usb 3.0 hubs available now. I have two usb 3.0 ports built into my motherboard so I'm wondering if there's any advantage using a USB 3.0 hub for ~3 USB 2.0 external hard drives?
Looking at it from a simplistic standpoint, there is more bandwidth available to a USB 3.0 port and the drives are operating individually at lower speeds, so would there be a difference?
Thanks