• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

usb 3.0 keeps disconnecting while burning dvds

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 12, 2000
Messages
1,655
On my windows 8.1 laptop HP Envy 15.6, I7 Optimus 740 gt/intel4600 16gb ram 2tb HD with 64 ssd cache on Intel RST. no internal optical. When I try to burn dvds from ISO either with Nero 2015 or image burn. I keep getting device not available error during burning process. I have disabled power management shutting down the usb root hub, but it does no good. My old HP Sandy creek I7 with windows 7 has no such problems. I read about a registry hack and kb2911106, other than the disconnect I have no other problems. What I am looking for is the safest way to fix this. The last time I installed an older Windows 8.1 update I had restore windows. Info anyone?

Thanks....
 
-Try another USB port
-Try a shorter USB cable
-Use a USB2 cable
 
Back
Top