USB 3.0 Header cable - Asus STP67

Archangel7

n00b
I have been waiting for Asus to actually make a front panel connector for the USB 3.0 on the STP67, and still cannot find one for sale or otherwise available through google. Anyone happen to know if someone is producing the cable, and if so, could you provide link.

The only thing I could find is that some new cases come with USB3 header cables.

Maybe call up Antec or CoolerMaster and see if the would sell you one.

Here is a full USB 3.0 cable. Motherboard USB 3.0 header on one side, two femal USB 3.0 plugs on the other. http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/383312419/USB_3_0_Internal_Front_Panel.html

Other than that, I'm pretty sure all the name brands are dragging their feet to release internal cables directly to the motherboard usb 3.0 header's.

CM said they would provide the cables to HAF X customers for free once they arrived, which has been delayed to April. At which point you may be able to find them in their online store.

Anybody know anything more?

Thanks for the replies. All the cases that I have looked at have a cable, but of course none have the header connector. Would be nice to have front panel access without routing a cable to the external connector, guess will just have to wait.

ummm.....

Crotan gave you a solution. you plug the cable your supposed to route to the back into the female connector, and plug the other side into your motherboard header.

Meant to acknowledge the link specifically, and you're right it is a solution, but have tried the order direct from main, and from my experience they always want you to buy at least ten in order to make it worth their while.

thanks for the link to cable. I have the asus sabertooth p67 with that connector and the Thermaltake Level 10GT that boasts USB 3.0 on the box. No usb 3 cable to connect to usb 3 plug so i must be missing something. Thanks again

Anyone know of any stores that sell that cable that are more legit?

Or has anyone tried ordering from that site yet?

Would love to get my hands on that cable. THANKS!

I found a better adapter on ebay.
search for: USB 3.0 motherboard cable/connector 19pin to USB 3.0
I hope it helps.

Back