• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB 3.0 External Hard Drive "RAW" Question

goobee

Gawd
Joined
Jun 24, 2001
Messages
644
I have an external WD MY Book Duo 8tbs USB 3.0 drive (set at RAID 1 for redundancy) sectioned into several partitions. Recently, the 3rd partition became "RAW", the other partitions were not affected.

Using recovery software, I was able to save the files to another drive. I reformatted the RAW partition back to NTFS and scanned the partition using CHKDSK and everything seemed fine. Two days later, Windows at boot up scanned and repaired partition 3.

Should I be concerned that one of the drives is maybe failing where that partition is set up? (There are 2 drives in this external drive unit) CHKDSK did not tell me it found bad sectors. I'm not seeing any unusual SMART results either. Thoughts?
 
Back
Top