• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB 3.0 add in card issues.

hpglow

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
373
I bought a PCIe USB 3.0 card at a local shop. I put the card in and the computer dosn't detect it period. Like its not even installed, I check the device manager nothing new is there. I install the drivers for it still nothing. I try to update the firmware and it says no card is installed. I took the first card to the shop I bought it at and they put it in their test bed and said it wouldn't even post with that card installed. So they gave me another card same as the last one and it does the same thing. I am obviously going to return this thing.

My question is: Has anybody else been having issues with USB 3.0 PCIe 1x boards or am I just having bad luck?

I suppose I should know better than to buy the cheapest card on the shelf.
 
Have you tried using Window's built-in Device Manager utility to see whether or not your computer recognizes any device?

Can you give us the specs of your system?
 
I bought a PCIe USB 3.0 card at a local shop. I put the card in and the computer dosn't detect it period. Like its not even installed, I check the device manager nothing new is there. I install the drivers for it still nothing. I try to update the firmware and it says no card is installed. I took the first card to the shop I bought it at and they put it in their test bed and said it wouldn't even post with that card installed. So they gave me another card same as the last one and it does the same thing. I am obviously going to return this thing.

My question is: Has anybody else been having issues with USB 3.0 PCIe 1x boards or am I just having bad luck?

I suppose I should know better than to buy the cheapest card on the shelf.

Have you tried using Window's built-in Device Manager utility to see whether or not your computer recognizes any device?

Can you give us the specs of your system?

C2Q 8300
4GB Ram
Gigabyte P31-S3G
Corsair tx750w
1T WD Black
Radeon 4890 1GB

I'm going to returning the second card today. This time I'm going to ask the guys at the shop to put the new card in a test bed before I take it home to make sure my mobo isn't frying them. I don't think that is the case, I think they just somehow got couterfit cards for a "too good" price.
 
Ok, well I had the second card tested today and it works fine, but not in my computer. That leaves me to beleave that card 1 was bad and it toasted my PCIe 1x slot. I of couse do not have another 1x card to test the slot and my theroy but that is the diagnosis (and I'm not going to risk trying it in my 16x slot.) Pretty crappy, I suppose I can try and find a PCI USB 3.0 card or just save this one for the next build because its not really a must have but rather a nice to have for me.
 
Back
Top