USB 2.0 2.5" External Enclosure - $6.99 +shipping

Yes USB powered is a great bonus.

I have 2 of them already...

Thanx for the post.

QM

not many people have purchased from them. they have 2 reviews in 6 months, both negative, so yea that looks bad but atleast its not 1000 negative reviews 8)

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Hell, if I only piss off two people in six months, I'm doing great! :D

I'll report back here when I get the package, especially if there are any issues.

EDIT: Got my shipping confirmation and tracking number. We'll see.

Not exactly sure, but my total cost was just under $14.50 so say ~$8.

anybody have this specific model? I have a different cheapie 2.5" enclosure w/ bus power - and it blows chunks. I'm looking to replace it, but I'm not sure with what, as reviews on these things are few and far between.

Anyway, let us know how you like it when it comes in. :)

Got it. It's a Meritline model 197-040. Threw in a drive, plugged into my digicam's cable, and haven't had any problems yet. I even played a rousing round of Wolfenstein 3D. :D

NOTE: This thing only takes the 9.5mm drives. Both of the ones I had on the shelf were 12mm. :rolleyes:

No biggie, but be warned.

Hal|9k said:
Got it. It's a Meritline model 197-040. Threw in a drive, plugged into my digicam's cable, and haven't had any problems yet. I even played a rousing round of Wolfenstein 3D. :D

NOTE: This thing only takes the 9.5mm drives. Both of the ones I had on the shelf were 12mm. :rolleyes:

No biggie, but be warned.

It should have been pretty obvious from the description on their website that there was no way a 12mm drive would fit:

Dimension 120x72x10mm

The external thickness of the thing is only 10mm.

Yeah, I knew how big the enclosure was, I just didn't know how big those old 2.5" hdd's were.

vbrtrmn said:
^^
Maybe you should leave them a rating, they could definatly use it :)

Hah. Ain't THAT the truth! :D

Dang it! They jacked the price up to $15.99.

I could have really used one of those.

I would have purchased on too if I saw this earlier, but not for $15.99

Back