US Modular 8GB Monstor USB Drive $89.95 AR Free Ship

60 bucks is only if you sign up from some bullshit trial of something that if you do not cancel you will start getting billed automatically for.

So $30 rebate if you sign up for Privacy Guard trial, which auto-bills you for $13 if you don't call their toll free number to cancel.

And a $10 mail in rebate. That memory drive seems nice, but seems like a big hastle.

I'm still tempted though. Anyone wanna buy it, and tell me how annoying it is to cancel privacy guard?

Sounds like it has a IBM/Hitachi Microdrive in it. Those have always been a little on the slow side in my opinion - newer ones might be faster though. The last microdrive I has was 1GB.

It is not a flash drive. It is a micro drive. I believe they only do 3 to 7 mbs where as a newer flash drive does 30ish. Also there is a much higher seek time on the microdrives. Not horrible though... If I had the money I might get one.

Anyone wanna buy it, and tell me how annoying it is to cancel privacy guard?
I did it about 6 months ago. About two days after you sign-up they send an email with your rebate code. You mail that to get the 30 dollar check. There was no problem cancelling the subscription within the 30 days.

Back