[US/48] XFX ATI Radeon Reference 5870's w/ AC Xtreme 5870 Coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nascasho

Gawd
Got classes coming up soon and need some pocket cash before it starts, so need to start selling off some stuff starting with the 5870's. Both have the Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 5870 coolers installed on them and ship with the stock reference coolers just in case if you ever need to RMA (will be transferred to you when you receive the card).

Here's some pics:
DSC00572_E.jpg

DSC00582_E.jpg

DSC00593_E.jpg

Load and Idle temps (increased voltage to 1.237 to show how hot the VRM's can get):
lowtemps.jpg

• Extremely low idle temps and load temps that never exceeded 55C under extreme conditions i.e. Furmark
  • Next best thing to water cooling core without the water! :eek:
  • Under gaming sessions I rarely broke 50C, high ambient temp of about 26C on average in a HAF X.
  • VRM's can get a little toasty (see pics above), especially when running Furmark so it's advised you avoid using it too frequently. I can guarantee your VRM's will never hit those temps even under extended gaming sessions and will stay under 100% safe temps, even with very high overclocks. VRM's are rated for around 125C so you're golden.
  • Also, cards at full 100% fan speeds are amazingly quiet, no more hair dryers!! :yessir:
  • A 3-Slot cooler, SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE ROOM FOR THEM!
Please note, cooling experiences may vary from user to user since most hardware configurations are different.

----------- Pricing -----------

Price shipped for the card with the Arctic Cooling Xtreme 5870 cooler installed is $360. per GPU

Without the cooler installed price will be $320. per GPU

Recently had the cards RMA'd and got a reference PCB back, tested and it is fully functional. Tested 950Mhz/1250 so far at stock voltages rock stable, haven't tested further.

The other option you will have is buying the coolers separate. If you have an HD 5870 already and want to drop your temps even further I can sell them for $55 per cooler (note, will work on v2 boards as well, some slight modifications may be needed).

----------- Bundle Deals -----------

$690 for both cards with coolers and $630 without coolers.

Deal includes reference cooler(s).

----------- Shipping and More -----------

ALL Priced include shipping unless otherwise stated.

Cards will be shipped via UPS ground US48 ONLY.

Heatware 21

PayPal verified only, non CC.

Last edited:
Bump for you, nice setup.

offtopic: what kind of fans are the red ones you have in your case?

Friggin' crazy good price. Paid $350 for my reference XFX 5870 and I definitely would've ponied up the extra $40 for those coolers. Sorry for going a bit off-topic, but how are the VRM temps? :eek:

Friggin' crazy good price. Paid $350 for my reference XFX 5870 and I definitely would've ponied up the extra $40 for those coolers. Sorry for going a bit off-topic, but how are the VRM temps? :eek:

VRM's are okay as long as you don't run Furmark for a while, they can really pick up quite fast.

Sale is on hold. One of the cards died on me yesterday and need's to be RMA'd. I am afraid that the second one will experience the same issue so I will hold it off until I am confident that the new owners will have working cards.

Sale is back up, both cards tested and fully functional. XFX sent me a fresh reference 5870, so I got lucky. Plus it OC's pretty well, haven't pushed it far yet.

One card is pending, other is still up for grabs. Interest level is high on these so bite quick!

Fantastic deal. Unfortunately, I am in Canada :(

Might I ask you how you attached your original backplate? I can't seem to do that with my Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo.

PM's responded to.

One card has sold, one is still left.

Card has stock cooler currently installed and will have to ship like that since shipping with the cooler installed will lead to some shipping issues.

As long as you have a precision screw driver and know how to change TIM you'll be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back