• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Urgent Voltage Help

coolkishan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
320
I have a Pentium 4 Socket 478 Prescott 3.6ghz on air. I am trying to make it fully stable. I have increased the voltage to 1.4875v from the stock 1.36 or summit. Is this too much?? Will it totally spoil my processor??? Could it break at this voltage. Or isnt it high at all when overclocking. I am runnin Prime95 as we speak. Please reply quickly

Thank you

Kishan
 
as long as its running at good temps, i ran my prescott at 1.575v
 
Prime95 running right now and temps are 61 degrees celcius. I have heard IC7-MAX3 reports temps higher then they are so is that alright??? Or should i take it down?
 
To me 61C is too high, others may not consider it to be too high but I would take it down some (or get a different cooler).

The highest I've allowed my stuff to run was in the low 50s and even then I didn't much like it up that high.
 
You are running an AMD(run considerably cooler then intels) and i am running a prescott(all run hot) and IC7 (my board) has been known to report temps higher then they are. So are there any people with prescotts here who could help out :confused: :confused:
 
i ran my prescott up to 62C according to speed fan on the water cooling
 
So i think ill keep it. Temps seem fine to me and im not that bothered if temps go that high. Thanks for all of your help!!! :D
 
~60C is kinda boarderline, a lot of people dont like to see em go past 55C remember prescotts throttle at 68C
 
It only got up to 61 when i was running Prime95 and bowsing the forums. So it shouldnt go that high playing games and stuff. On stock speeds it used to go up to 53 degrees when playing doom 3 for few hours. So it should be fine.
 
Back
Top