Urgent PSU question

sasquatch

n00b
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
40
I'm trying to build a system tonight, my boss wants it tomorrow. I acidentally bought a PSU with a 20-pin connector, and my motherboard has a 24-pin slot. Any way I can get away (even temporarily) with using this psu? I can physically plug the 20-pin plug into the mobo, and with the 4-pin plug next to it it will fill the whole thing, but that leaves the other 4-pin socket empty. Suggestions? Help?!?!?!
 
it might work, it worked on my asus a8n-e and antec TP, but i eventually changed it
 
Mobo: Chaintech Zenith Value edition (NF4)
Processor: Athlon 64 3000+
1 Gig Corsair ValueRam
Lite On DVD CDRW combo drive
Western Digital 80 meg SATA hard drive
SAPPHIRE Radeon X550 128MB

that's about all it'll be powering. I can just leave the 20-pin in the 24-pin slot and it'll work? How's that happen? This seems too good to be true. What are the risks?
 
Back
Top