URGENT New PC

i have choosed these component for my company pc(fax & internet) :

CPU = Intel P4 2.4GHz 533MHz (the budget forced jme to choose it)
Mobo = Intel D865GVHZ
Memory = Infineon DDR400 512MB (2*256)
HDD = Western Digital 7200 RPM 80GB
CD-Writer = SONY 52X
Monitor = LG 17"

Those r the main components....what do u think about them.any advice will be highly appreciated.

Network_sheikh said:
i have choosed these component for my company pc:

MOBO = Intel D865GVHZ
Memory = ENFENION DDR400 512MB (2*256)
HDD = WESTERN DIGITAL 7200 RPM 80GB
CD-WRITER = SONY 52X
MONITOR = LG 17"

THOSE R THE MAIN COMPONENTS ....WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THEM.ANY ADVICE WILL HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

First off, you will get more responses if you DONT WRITE IN ALL CAPS. Anywho, I dont know anything about intel, but I sure as hell have never heard of the company that makes that ram...you might want to look into another company unless someone can vouch for them.

Cryptic said:
First off, you will get more responses if you DONT WRITE IN ALL CAPS. Anywho, I dont know anything about intel, but I sure as hell have never heard of the company that makes that ram...you might want to look into another company unless someone can vouch for them.
agreed. i think the ram is infenion though, but he should still change it. everything else seems fine if thats what you want

Infineon.

That PC seems unfit. You could go for a Dell Optiplex (one of their cheap deals) and save yourself from the hassle.

By the way, not to lash out on you but you might want to work on the spelling before you walk back in your company's door.

-J.

to tell you the truth that is a pretty low end looking computer, i am sure you could do much better with the same budget if you went to amd, that system may have been top of the line at one point, but that was like 2.5 years ago.

the only piece that looks like a good choice is the hard drive.

what is your total budget for this system? i would recomend the following insted of what you have put together

AMD Sempron 2600+ 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor Model SDA2600BABOX - Retail

MSI K8M800-CE Socket 754 VIA K8M800 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

LITE-ON SOHR-5239S Beige IDE CD Burner - Retail

Rosewill R214P Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model VS1GBKIT400 - Retail

The Total for those parts is $354.79 with shipping

compslckr said:
i some how managed to double post?
we all make mistakes. one thing though with your setup, you have to trash that powersupply. i would never take that risk with a rosewill or powmax junk box.

yeah, it is a sketchy psu, but with a low end system i think it would be alright for a while, i have a 300 watt powmax psu that has powered my last three systems without a problem, when i built my a64 system i did not want to trust it with a cheap psu so i got an antec.

Considering it's going to be used for office work, that would be an exception to using crappy PSU's. ;)

-J.

what are your budget and primary uses?

go with the sempron system over the one you listed..

or are you constricted by having to buy from a certain place or somethign? communicate with us mroe so we can help you..

Network_sheikh said:
Is this HDD works with 865GVHZ motherboard
Can't imagine why it wouldn't. The interface is still SATA150, just like the WD, wiht the added benefit of being NCQ compliant. Plus, they are tremendously more reliable and quiet than the WD drive you had picked out.

Network_sheikh said:
i have choosed these component for my company pc(fax & internet) :

Mobo = Intel D865GVHZ
Memory = Infineon DDR400 512MB (2*256)
HDD = Western Digital 7200 RPM 80GB
CD-Writer = Sony 52X
Monitor = LG 17"

Those r the main components....what do u think about them.any advice will be highly appreciated.

i have decided to change the processor from 2.4ghz to 3.0ghz prescott and the ram will be simpletech or kingston and the mobo still 865GV coz it has vga, sound and lan built in so for a company it is in my opinion more than enough (is 865GVHZ ATX or microATX).

what do u think.......

Go with an Athlon 64 on Socket 939, with an nForce 4 motherboard. Better performance, much cheaper, less heat and noise, expandable for years. Prescotts are underpowered, expensive, run very hot, need noisy cooling, and when you want to upgrade the CPU you won't be able to go far at all-- Socket 939 will even let you go to a dual-core chip later.

The most recommendable solution is a Chaintech VNF4 Ultra board, a Venice or Winchester 3000+ or 3200+ Athlon 64, 512 or 1024 MB of DDR400 Kingston ValueRAM or Corsair Value Select, a Seagate hard disk in the size you require, and a nice quiet Antec Sonata case with quality Antec True380W supply. The onboard audio, LAN, etc. on the board are great, just throw in some miscellaneous cheap video card since you don't sound like you'll be doing even a bit of gaming on it.

i am sorry but i want to bring an intel machine because i will need to work with multicasting .also in my country AMD is not popular ......

so can anyone help me in building this intel machine....what do u think about this components...

Network_sheikh said:
i am sorry but i want to bring an intel machine because i will need to work with multicasting .also in my country AMD is not popular ......

so can anyone help me in building this intel machine....what do u think about this components...
what country do you live in?
just becuase something is popular doesn't mean it is good.
where will you be buying this stuff?
are there online stores in your country?
how to amd prices compare to intel prices?

we are giving you reccomendations based on what we can get in the US.. and that doesn't fly as well other places.. when i was in latvia, computer parts cost twice as much.. and a lot of things were 6 months old or more...

so try to help us...

basically the system you listed has an outdated motherboard and cpu... the other stuff is fine if that is what you can get..

scottatwittenberg said:
basically the system you listed has an outdated motherboard and cpu... the other stuff is fine if that is what you can get..

P4 3ghz prescott and 865gv are outdated???!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

the 865gv chipset as far as i can tell is DDR and AGP.. if you are getting a new intel platform, you would want to go for something that is DDR2 and PCI-E...

i don't know my intel motherboard chipsets, so i will see what i can find..
ok.. think you would want to look for an intel 915g chipset.. then you can get one with ddr2 and pci-e..

i was commenting on the 533fsb p4 you had in the original post too. not the 3.0 prescott..

but really it all comes down to price vs. performace.. what are the picres like on say an nf4 s939 and amd 64 where you live?
how about:
915g LGA775, and 800 fsb p4 ??

we are giving you reccomendations based on what we know to be the best price vs. performace in the US.. so you might have a tottaly different selection to choose from. so as long as you understand what the tradeoffs are you would be better able to find what is best for you.. are theere any websites lisiting what the selection and prices are where you live?

In europe you get the same stuff as in north america at the same time, and although the prices may differ the price ratio between products (eg intel vs amd) is pretty much constant. But maybe the threadstarter is from the middle east, being a sheikh and all...?

ya i've heard about infiniton but not that company that makes that ram. I'd go for crucial, kingston...stuff like that.

Other than that everything looks pretty good

...Dan

everything is finished now i have brought company new pc components and i am assembling it right now:

Intel P4 3Ghz 800Mhz 1MB L2 cache
Asrock P4i56GV motherboard(built-in audio, lan, vga)
Simpletech 512Mb (1x 512)
Western Digital 80GB
asus combo
orange 17" color monitor
orange system(case, keyboard, mouse and speakers)

what do u think about this system now???

Back