!!urgent Help Needed!! Please!!!

Kaiga

Gawd
ok, guys this is going to sound dumb to you, but tjere is an e-machine I'm working on and I decided to try and oc it, I raised the FSB from 166 to 200 and now when I turn the PC on, the keyboard lights come on, the ethernet lights light up, and all the fans run, the drives run, but there is no video, I tried to pull the jumper out right near the ROM BIOS chip there and left it out. and it won't reset. and video won't come back on. guys help me please is there something else I need to do? I didn't even adjust anything but the FSB setting. am I supposed to do something like turn the jumper around or what? and I hope I did not fry my CPU, everything else runs fine, please help me!! Am I supposed to put the jumper back in, reverse it? or what? help!

overclocking an e-machine? What where you thinking?

the cmos jumper (or rom bios jumper) has 3 pins? if yes then remove it from the current position and put it next to it:

step 1

[ ] jumper
| | | pins
------ mobo

step 2

..[ ] jumper
| | | pins
------ mobo

wait 30 sec and go back to step 1, then reboot

if its 2 pins then put it in the two pins, wait 30 sec then put it back to its original location and reboot

nvm, thanks though guys, fixed it, I just went ahead and pulled the battery. thanx for the courtesy. thanks.

Back