Urgent help needed please -vista

Sagan

Gawd
Today I booted my pc and when I got to the desktop and popped up firefox it didn't load a website instead it left a white page. I double checked my network and I also pinged google and it worked. So I close firefox and I get "firefox has stopped responding" box. This is just the beginning of the issue. I I can't sign in messenger, I use the messenger's internet diagnostics, DNS and Key Ports have the yellow triangle with exclamation. I close msn messenger and it says "Msn messenger has stopped responding" box. My internet at this point is still saying its connected. I run its diagnostics and reports with no errors. I run internet explorer and I get a white page and gives me the "not responding" after closing it. BUT when I run internet explorer 64-bit I can use the internet perfectly. I'm shocked, any other internet application wont connect to the internet except 64-bit internet explorer.

How can I fix this?

I have been noticing strange windows updates that report fail, for the last 10 shut downs it always had an update to install. I don't know if it was because I had a bad install copy of vista. I know I can't system restore because I think I f*cked it up a long time ago messing around. One of the strangest things is that I put in the vista cd and rebooted my pc to boot cd and it would get past the loading cd data part but then the screen would go black.

I'm very :confused:

Back