• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

URGENT help needed! New PC won't boot!

Xcellere

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 10, 2004
Messages
180
The only new part to the PC is my GPU, which is a 7800 GTX. Everything worked fine before I put in the GTX (I had a X700 Pro PCI-E). I plug the power cable in, I hit the power button on my V1000B, and the blue LEDs on my fan flash for a split second and then go off. When I hit the button again, nothing flashes.

This is happening on a DFI Ultra w/ an Antec TruePower 550. I'm using a cable splitter between two molex's and the 7800GTX's 6 pin cable.
 
I had the same problem with a friend's new computer, different video card however. If you turn the power all the way then turn it back on will the fans spin once like before? If so...umm I don't really know what to tell you because we just moved some wires around and made it less cluttery inside and voila! it worked...
 
i dont think that splitting the power connector that goes to your video card is a good idea, also take the card out and put it back in and make sure everything seated properly, also make sure your cpu fan didnt get unplugged
 
Okay, I just unplugged the GTX and it started up. Plug it back in, nothing works. So everything is fine, just that when the GPU is put in, nothing happens.

I'm using the splitter that came with the GTX.
 
With that "splitter" you must have two molex's that are not used for anything into it. Or at least you can not use of the the molex's to power something else, they must be drawing power to.

So, you put the 6pin into the card, and both of the tails must be plugged into a rail to draw power.
 
It might not be seated all the way. Should I unscrew my DFI a little bit so it has more room to sit?
 
Here's our problem:

DSC03685.jpg


How do I work around this?
 
man thats a huge video card, edit: it looks like that clip that goes over the top of the chipset cooler is the problem, maybe you can find some other fay to hold the cooler on
 
Back
Top