• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Urgent help needed *Crash?*

/337

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Messages
449
I really need someone to help me out on this problem. I was using my computer as normal today and opened up a game. And when I opened it up I heard this noise like a warning beep you get from the keyboard and it was stuck in a loop. It completly locks up, so I restart my machine. And after a while I hear this strange clicking noise. At first I think its from my hard drives so I disconnect them one at a time untill they are all out and I still hear the noise. I rule out the possability that it is the video card. And whenever I start it regardless if I have a hard drive in or not I get a currupt file error on
<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. I am totally stumped and was hoping someone could know what might be the problem. The wierd noise almost sounds like its coming from the cpu fan. My case and fans are pretty dusty including the heatsink on my cpu. Any suggestions will be much appriecated. I'll try to upload a audio clip of what the cpu sounds like. :confused:
 
EDIT: I've always made fun of people for having this happen, but I'm a dumbass. Looks like the keyboard got disconnected. All is well now. :D :cool:
 
Lol....sometimes it's the extremely obvious that gets overlooked. But since ya got everything torn apart, why not get a can of compressed air and blow those fans out. I've seen way too many boxes crash, overheat, etc because of gunked up hsf fans.
 
Back
Top