• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Urgent Help for Grandma... Digital camera memory problem

codename47

Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2003
Messages
990
I need some help... my uncle is dying from cancer and finally got married to a lady he has been seeing for a long time.. anyways that is the back ground and why it is important that I get my grandma's digital pictures off of her sony memory stick.... She took her own photos at the wedding and said she previewed them and everything so they are obviously on there but when she tried to load them on the computer it said that the disk was not formated..?? So I though they were just doing something wrong so I took it home with me and it says the same thing and it won't allow me to even explore the files .. it just gives a window that says it is not formated and if I'd like to format which if I do everything gets taken off.... so.... any tips... I know there are programs to get data off deleted hardware but... I don't know what those are... can you please help as the situation is kind of urgent b/c her son is dying pretty quickly so it makes the situation a tuff one... thanks....
 
At work the other day I could not for the life of me access any of the files on a customer's Sony memory stick. To make a long story short, it turns out the memory stick had it's "protect" switch turned on. I turned that off and was then easily able to get at the files.

Hope that's your problem ;)
 
sorry... I didn't even know the card came with that function... I've only messed with smart media.... thanks for pointing that out...

but I tried it and no love.... does anyone else have ideas? or at least know if I format can I recover photos with a program?
 
can you just leave the stick in the camera and connect the whole operation to the computer and upload usb old skool? If the card is working on the cam, let the cam do the work.
 
Is your granny really old? Find some wedding pics and photoshop their heads onto them :D
 
The card isn't read even by the camera.... no love from any angle on it working... so I'm leaning towards a recovery software... is there anyone out there who can recomend one?

the photoshop idea... nice try...
 
What the camera doesnt even read the card as valid? Ummm is there a progammable file lock in the user Menu? If not Im betting the card wasnt originally formatted, which means the pic that were taken wont be any good. Sorry! I had it happen on a new card and, forgot to format it. Every pic I shot showed on the LCD but, didnt actually write the data to the card.
 
Even though she could preview them and scroll through them after she took them? Hmm.. well it might be the case I don't know if the card was new or not... I noticed she had an older one with her too so maybe that is what she did... my friend has a recovery program he is going to let me borrow so we'll see what happens.... I'll keep trying though b/c she is pretty bumbed about it.. I know though others took photos too so I'm sure she can borrow... thanks for the help though...
 
Back
Top