UPS Testing Real-Time Tracking On Packages

HardOCP News

[H] News
On the one hand, testing real-time tracking on packages seems like a great idea. On the other hand, watching your package sitting in one place overnight would probably drive you crazy. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it works.

UPS today announced the launch of Follow My Delivery, a new enhancement to the UPS My Choice® service that offers unprecedented flexibility, convenience and visibility on the day of delivery. More than 22 million UPS My Choice members in the U.S. utilizing their mobile devices or computers can now monitor the progress of their most urgent UPS® Air and UPS Worldwide Express® packages on a live map. The new Follow My Delivery map feature enables delivery recipients to see a detailed view of where their package is located when it’s out for delivery. UPS plans to expand the Follow My Delivery feature to more services in the future.

Cool may be they will discover why shipping times have more than doubled over the past 5~6 years. Shipping cost have doubled and reliability has diminished.

I know with Lyft and Uber, you can track where your driver is. I'm surprised it's taken this long for UPS to implement GPS on their vehicles to allow customers the ability to see where they are; I'm assuming it's on the vehicles and not the packages themselves of course.

I hate UPS My Choice. I have all my packages delivered to my business so the idiot drivers don't pitch them in my driveway and leave. My Choice doesn't work on commercial addresses so this is completely useless for me.

I'd assume there is going to be a delay, otherwise you're going to have customers hunting down trucks to get their deliveries sooner.

The semi trucks have had gps for a long time. Useful tool as a dispatcher. This sounds like a dumb idea though.

Back