• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

UPS quality: How does Liebert stack up against other brands?

CJan_NH

n00b
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
24
First off, thanks for looking as always :)

I probably should have asked this questions before I bought them, but the deal was great and I couldn't say no (I could always return them if they're subpar). How do Liebert rackmount UPSs stack up against other brands of similiar size and type? I just picked up four reconditioned Liebert GXT1500RT-120 rackmount UPSs with brand new batteries and floor mounting kits.

For years now I've gotten by with four small APCs-two 350s and two 500s. At my home office the power fluctuates frequently and losing power for a few minutes at a time is almost a weekly occurance. Now that I'm running a large workstation, a fileserver with SCSI RAID, and two monitors these little APCs aren't cutting it anymore-even though the batteries are replaced regularly.

Thanks in advance for your help.
 
i have never used a Liebert but they are highly regarded soooo if it was a good deal i dun see why you wouldent want to keep it :)

all my UPS's are going to get some excerize tomorrow night... damn hurricant :(
 
My only experience is with their industrial units, which are the best in that category.

Good luck with Frances FLECOM.
 
I have one here on my desk at work. It hasn't killed me or shot smoke/flames/battery acid in my face, and has kept my computer running when the power cuts out, so I guess they are ok...
 
Thanks for the help guys. I just finished installing two of them under my desk. I'm very impressed with the features and runtime compared with what I had before.

Liebert.JPG


There is a lot of stuff in the documentation like sine wave power conditioning etc that I haven't figured out yet, but so far I'm happy as hell :)
 
dude, that's a hell of a lot of UPS.. what do you have hooked up to them?
 
Back
Top