UPS manamgement

ashman

Gawd
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
811
Is there a VM appliance out there from APC that you can download and install for free in an EXSi environment to manage UPS's? I just got a client that has two hosts and three APC 1500's none of which have the network management card, when the power goes out they just power off when the UPS's run out of power. I want something that will gracefully shut down ESXi when a the power goes out.
 
I don't know why the links won't work. Ok then, search for PowerChute Business Edition. there's a long list of applications.

There's also a network shut down app.
 
You need to (or used to) install it in the vsphere management assistent appliance.
 
Heh, I have a Pi sitting here I kept asking myself "WTF am I going to do with this?". I have an answer :)
It is pretty kewl.
He just added an Ubiquiti mpower pro controlled by the pi to shut off the switches and router and then bring everything back up.
It is a really nice setup.
The ups will run just the pi for a real long time once everything else is down.
The next step is to add led lighting that the pi turns on when the power goes out.
 
Back
Top