• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

UPS Kills Monitors & Eats Babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bop

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
3,426
I just got a call from the Mitsubishi repair center, apparently UPS damaged my NEC 2141SB-BK monitor in TWO places, in one of the top corners and the bottom plate, damaging one of the circuit boards.

My repair cost for the thing has probably more than quadrupled. It needs an entire new casing and a bunch of internals. The repair center took photographs for insurance purposes so hopefully I'll be getting some money to pay for the repairs.

This is the FOURTH thing UPS has damaged in the past 5 months. Avoid them like the plague when shipping fragile packages. Use FedEx/DHL.
 
Sorry I have had similar issues with FedEx. I don't think it is just UPS. Some larger items are just heavy. If someone doesn't take the care, the big brown machine will have to pay the piper just like the copy/shipping company had to do for me.
 
QFT. Anyways, most places these days are using UPS over FedEx, it's cheaper.
 
I just got my two 19" widescreens from UPS yesterday, practictly no indents in the packaging at all. But I've heard some horror stories about what brown can do for you :eek:
 
Like ive said in another thread, UPS totally destroyed a GDM-FW900 i shipped off to a [H] member here. neither UPS nor the packing company that packed it would take responsibility for it.
 
Bo_Bice said:
Like ive said in another thread, UPS totally destroyed a GDM-FW900 i shipped off to a [H] member here. neither UPS nor the packing company that packed it would take responsibility for it.

Ouch, did you have to give the refund? :(
 
inotocracy said:
Ouch, did you have to give the refund? :(

gave the refund to the guy, yeah. and then went through a bunch of bs, what ended up happening was the manager of the packing company gave me like $300 because he felt bad.(sold it for around $1000 at the time) i really didn't have the $ to bring it to court, didn't know how to go about it anyway.
 
I think i've had better luck with FedEx over UPS, fewer dents and holes in the boxes.
 
Oh also, my boxes had practictly no damage to them and I think it might have been because it clearly stated on the outside of the package what it was. Maybe UPS noticed that they were flatscreens and took a tad of precaution when moving them?
 
One time UPS straight f-ed up the box my Browning 1919a4 came in. The Browning was okay and all the parts were there but there was a massive tear in the box.
 
FedEx definitely damages packages, but I bet its nowhere near as much as UPS does. I mean, THREE packages of mine were damaged beyond repair in the past 5 months and now this.

My NEC 2141 was originally shipped by FedEx and the box was in pristine condition. I've never once even got a package from FedEx that appeared damaged.

Also, once UPS shipped something I ordered to California and it was delivered to some random guy. I find it funny how it got there, seeing as I live on the opposite end of the country.

Right now I'm filing a claim with UPS, I better get my money back as I will probably be paying repair cost upwards of 300/400 bucks.
 
I've never had a damaged package from Fedex, although they have decided that my packages need to go from PA, to WA, then to IL (lost in transit--twice in less than 6 months actually). However, I've gotten lots of damaged boxes (especially smaller ones that were 'crushed') from UPS.
 
Always, ALWAYS, have the ups store you use box it! Sure, it costs more, but it is worth it when you tell them to pay up and they can't pull the old, "well, you didn't box it properly" shit.

I loved seeing the face on the fat bitch that runs the ups store I go to when I demand my money for something her company F'ed up.
 
I always use UPS and so far NOTHING has been damaged. Monitors, cases, etc. Years of use.
 
Hold the phone...

Dont you guys get insurance when sending the package ?
 
Rishy said:
Hold the phone...

Dont you guys get insurance when sending the package ?


Yeah, but if you package it, no matter how good, they will deny your claim and they will say the reason is your package job doesn't meet their requirements. They are a typical large company, screw people left and right.

That is why I say to make them package it and pay the extra, then get insurance.


That way, when those mutha Fu..ers step up with that he say, you can tell those hoe's to hit the freeway
 
If they deny my claim I'm going to sue them, good thing I'm in a family full of lawyers. If the NEC/Mitsubishi box with the original packing material isn't good enough for them then thats just wrong.
 
Firewall said:
Yeah, but if you package it, no matter how good, they will deny your claim and they will say the reason is your package job doesn't meet their requirements. They are a typical large company, screw people left and right.

That is why I say to make them package it and pay the extra, then get insurance.


That way, when those mutha Fu..ers step up with that he say, you can tell those hoe's to hit the freeway


ahhh..right...

Why dont you guys have them package it for you ?? I mean...how much extra could it cost ? I wouldnt losing a bit for that peace of mind...and Ive had things come damaged before with FedEx...they always paid up in full...
 
When i ordered my ram, i got a SMUSHED PACKAGE

On the top the was WHAT LOOKED LIKE A TREADMARK!!!!


Ram worked great sooooo

just dont do it again ups...
 
Bop said:
I just got a call from the Mitsubishi repair center, apparently UPS damaged my NEC 2141SB-BK monitor in TWO places, in one of the top corners and the bottom plate, damaging one of the circuit boards.

My repair cost for the thing has probably more than quadrupled. It needs an entire new casing and a bunch of internals. The repair center took photographs for insurance purposes so hopefully I'll be getting some money to pay for the repairs.

This is the FOURTH thing UPS has damaged in the past 5 months. Avoid them like the plague when shipping fragile packages. Use FedEx/DHL.

I shipped my monitor fedex, got a decent rate (around 30 bucks from IA to Cali on an FP912SB)

everyone else quoted me much more, including USPS

I think I insured it to something crazy like 800 bucks too
 
UPS denied my claim but I had a friend of mine who kicks ass dealing with this crap call them up and he disputed the claim. We argued that the box used was the manufacturer's packaging and you can only really pack a monitor in that box and that it had fragile posted all over it with a giant picture of a monitor on it.

If they deny it again I'm going to take legal action.
 
I perfer FedEx over UPS. Everything I have gotten via FedEX was faster and in better shape. I sell porsche parts on ebay, and it seems that I have more issues with UPS with damaged packages (Even when they pack it). But my partner in my business countines to ship via UPS because it's cheaper and closer to home.
 
Bop said:
If they deny my claim I'm going to sue them, good thing I'm in a family full of lawyers. If the NEC/Mitsubishi box with the original packing material isn't good enough for them then thats just wrong.
sorry man, but your "family full of lawyers" means nothing to a company of that size. do you have any idea how many lawyers they have at their disposal? niether do i. sue if you need to, but don't think for a second they don't have 50x the amount of lawyers at their disposal than you do.
 
santaliqueur said:
sorry man, but your "family full of lawyers" means nothing to a company of that size. do you have any idea how many lawyers they have at their disposal? niether do i. sue if you need to, but don't think for a second they don't have 50x the amount of lawyers at their disposal than you do.

But he has righteousness on his side.

Seriously though, UPS blows. I don't care what anyone says "no one's perfect" or "FedEx damages things too" blah blah blah. I have been screwed three good times by UPS and never once had anything bad happen to me with FedEx or DHL. I absolutely will not ever use UPS for anything ever again.

Oh did I mention the time UPS went and got their truck hijacked and my RMA stolen? Did I mention it took their sorry asses well over a year to refund my loss? Yeah. UPS can eat their own brown.
 
Volkum said:
I've never had a damaged package from Fedex, although they have decided that my packages need to go from PA, to WA, then to IL .

WA has a hub/ramp there then. Either way your package gets to you in the amount of time you paid for. That is just the way the system is set up. You want it faster, then pay up.

Depending on where in the country it comes from, it can take some weird turns. You will note that stuff gets there when it should so i dont really see your problem.
 
This thread veered away from anything remotely associated with monitors awhile back.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top