UPS Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephenom

[H]ard|Gawd
So I bought a Plasma TV off someone from another forum. The price was a little too good to be true. ($1100 for a 42" Plasma HDTV ) BUT the seller was willing to shipped first. So I'm all for it.

Anyway, so it arrived today, very nicely packed. (And I mean NICELY, box was full of styrofoam and bubble wraps)

After spending 20 minutes unpacking it, I noticed the top left corner of the screen is cracked. :eek:

The seller is a new seller, and I believe he bought insurance for TV. From the way it was packed, I don't believe the screen was cracked during transportation. And the more I think about, the more I feel like I"m in the middle of an insurance fraud. But anyway, does anyone know how UPS insurance work?

Like do this come to my house to assess the dmg/payment to the seller and let me keep the broken TV? Or do they take it away, and just deal with the seller leaving me with nothing?

Any thoughts appreciated. :)

Assuming it works the same way as other shipping insurance plans, you get a refund from him, and he can recover however much he insured it for. Send him the photos for proof and ask see if you can get your money back so that he can fill out a claim.

Master Ninja said:
Assuming it works the same way as other shipping insurance plans, you get a refund from him, and he can recover however much he insured it for. Send him the photos for proof and ask see if you can get your money back so that he can fill out a claim.
Well, I never paid him yet. ;)

thephenom said:
Well, I never paid him yet. ;)

Then see if he'll spring for return shipping, on the basis that he'll get it back plus more if his claim is accepted.

(Note that I have never had to file a claim like this, so it's all hypothetical).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back