Upload speed cut to 100kbps~ after resuming from sleep.

feek

Limp Gawd
Hey there, guys. I've recently been able to use the sleep mode in Vista, and I finally put 2+2 together and realized it was causing my slow upload speed. Basically, after my computer resumes from sleep mode the upload is seemingly capped around 100kbps. The download, however, is completely fine (around 5000kbps). If I reset the network adapter, the upload speed goes back to normal.

It's a Marvel NIC built into a Gigabyte DS3. I've tried all different driver revisions, and none seem to help. I still figure this is a Vista issue, possibly the NIC hardware, but I haven't found anything at all doing a google search. Could it be my network configuration?

My current setup is this:
my pc >cat5> dd-wrt switch/ap >cat5> tomato router/ap >cat5> zyxel665 dsl modem > internet

I'm just have no clue at what to do from here. :/

little bump? could a mod maybe move this to the OS forum? maybe it'd get more attention there.

Try turning off any power saving features of the NIC. The problem only occurs after ersuming from standby? What about a hibernation?

yeah, i have all the powersaving for it off. i haven't tried hibernation, i guess it's worth a shot just out of curiosity. i'll report back.

Back