upload makes computer freak out

computer specs - I have a Shuttle AN35N ultra motherboard, a AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 768 Megs of pc2100 RAM on Windows XP Pro SP2.
heres the problem: If I upload for a certain ammount of time, or a certain gigabyte limit (haven't been able to figure it out yet) from using the NIC on the motherboard, my machine goes into a completly stupid mode. It allocates processor usage the WEIRDEST of ways, and sometimes says that task manager is using 100% of the processor, and everything else isn't using anything, or if one thing isn't using the entire processor, then it is divided amongst everything else evenly. I have a secondary NIC installed, and I don't seem to be having any problems with it uploading files. I've tried updating the driver, changing some settings on the mobo's NIC, but none of these fix it. I have no idea what the problem is. The device manager says that there isn't an IRQ conflict, it doesn't freak out when small files get transferred, only large files. I use it normally on a 10 mbit connection, but I've tried it on a 100 mbit network and it still gets the same results after a while. :confused: Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Back