UPlay problem

Lamont

Supreme [H]ardness
I purchased a couple of games on UPlay recently and both have the same issue where I will start the game and it will instantly quit, bringing up the screen below.

(I know it is UPlay... strike one)

This happens at home (Win8 64bit) and work (Win7 64bit)

2014-07-04%2011_32_37-Uplay.jpg

Have you tried disabling your antivirus software? I've had problems with AV software killing games shortly after launch.

I will take a look and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Another thing you might try, is run the Uplay client and login. Keep it minimized. Go to where you installed the program and double click the executable file of the game itself. Maybe that will get around the trouble you are having. The game will still check if UPlay is running and be able to access it since the client is running. This just bypasses the uplay client as the launcher in case something in the launcher was incorrectly set up.

I purchased a couple of games on UPlay recently and both have the same issue where I will start the game and it will instantly quit, bringing up the screen below.

(I know it is UPlay... strike one)

This happens at home (Win8 64bit) and work (Win7 64bit)

uncheck "Enable game overlay for supported games"

gear icon top right /settings/

Untitled.jpg

The company sucks balls, look at the number of problems with Far Cry 3 since release on PC

From a personal history with Uplay good luck with their customer service.
In my personal history, their customer service is fucking fantastic. They answered my question regarding a bad serial key in under an hour via email support.

Good Guy Valve? Have fun getting a response within a week, if not longer.
The company sucks balls, look at the number of problems with Far Cry 3 since release on PC
What exactly would those problems be? I had no issues playing FC3 on 3 different machines; from a 9800GTX+ SLi set-up (hot hot hot!) to an OEM Dell XPS desktop, to my current rig.

You're not that guy who bought FC3 for the shoehorned multi-player, are you? Even if you are, I wouldn't consider a slow and inconsistent matchmaking system a "number of problems".

In my personal history, their customer service is fucking fantastic. They answered my question regarding a bad serial key in under an hour via email support.

Good Guy Valve? Have fun getting a response within a week, if not longer.What exactly would those problems be? I had no issues playing FC3 on 3 different machines; from a 9800GTX+ SLi set-up (hot hot hot!) to an OEM Dell XPS desktop, to my current rig.

You're not that guy who bought FC3 for the shoehorned multi-player, are you? Even if you are, I wouldn't consider a slow and inconsistent matchmaking system a "number of problems".

Hey you mentioned it not I ! I can recall with Rainbow Six Vegas PC they didn't even bother putting in the correct aspect ratio for the scopes . Since you're aware of the p2p multiplayer problem then you're probably aware it works fine for the consoles, including co-op. I really can't say the same in regards to the PC.

@SixthSense: That did not work. I got some info to try today. Will report that it worked or not.

Back