Upgrading Video Card?

LucasG

Gawd
Hello guys!

It's been quiet a while since the last time I upgraded any component on my computer. My current specs are listed in my signature.

I was checking the hot deals and it seems like GTX 460 cards are around ~$140, would upgrading my video card help anything on a 25.5" monitor? Mostly playing WoW (they have upgraded quiet a bit their graphics and I can have some nice graphics lag on big raids), as well as maybe try new upcoming games such as BF3 and Crysis 2.

A 460 would be a step up. Personally I would wait off until the next generation, especially for wow. You really shouldn't have any issues with wow.

A 460 would be a step up. Personally I would wait off until the next generation, especially for wow. You really shouldn't have any issues with wow.

You mean to allow the prices to go down even lower? Since I'm not looking to purchase last-gen graphics card, hoping to buy something between $100 - $200 at most.

460 is already last gen and he means to wait for next gen cards such as the 600 series.

at 1900@1200 the 260 will not be able to play most newer games with out a step down in resolution.

You can upgrade Amd 6870, gtx 560ti, amd 6950, gtx 570.

Small cheap upgrades, gtx 460 1gb , amd 6850, amd 6790

would be the cards i would look at. If you only play wow, then i wouldn't upgrade and i would just hold off until you play a game where you need to upgrade.

Personally I only upgrade when I have to. You will get the most bang for your $ this way.

Back