• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrading my soundcard need some help

Visable-assassin

I <3 Hybrids
2FA
Joined
Aug 8, 2000
Messages
20,947
Ok pending the arrival of my Logitech 5500's I will be upgrading my sound card and Im needing some help. I will be retiring my Hercules Gametheater XP if it cannot perform the way id like :) . RIght now I am looking at the Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition and the Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro cards...the Audigy 4 is a maybe...but I doubt it.
Anyways I use my PC for gaming and a little movie watching (more gaming than movies tho) and Id like to know hwich one I should go with.
Ive read about the M-Audio stuff and I was lookin at a revolution 7.1 card (future proofing) however some say it really isn't a gaming card and I dont wanna fork out and be let down...so help me out guys :) if you got ideas let me know and links of course would be awsome (to the more off the wall cards) :)
 
Do you need the connectivity options the platinum card and the Audigy4 cards offer?
If not they are pretty much a waste. ;)
 
Mister X said:
Do you need the connectivity options the platinum card and the Audigy4 cards offer?
If not they are pretty much a waste. ;)


Strange as it seems every now and again I do use some of the inputs...not often tho.
So perhaps just the gamer edition? I just weary of creatives stuff LOL their past of bloatware drivers and adware. But now I am willing to try :)
I just really do not want to be let down :)
 
Back
Top