• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Upgrading my slightly outdated hardware

ludise

n00b
Joined
Jun 20, 2012
Messages
8
Hello. I currently have somewhere between $600-$700 to spend on my computer but I don't really know what I should go for.

Here are my current parts:

Motherboard - Asus M4N75TD
HDD - Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200 RPM
CPU - AMD Phenom X4 955 3,2GHz (Black Edition)
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
RAM - Corsair 4GB 1333MHz
GFX Card - Sparkle GTX 460
Case - Cooler Master 690 Dominator Pure
PSU - Corsair 550w

Excluding that I have a 22" monitor (1680x1050) and sufficient keyboard, mouse and headphones.

I have been thinking about getting a new GFX-card, probably the GTX 670 or the HD 7950. What do you think about that?

Thanks for your time!
 
What do you use the computer for?
What kind of features do you need on a motherboard?
Where are you located?
Which 4GB RAM is that? Specific model number please.
Which specific PSU is that?
 
What do you use the computer for?
What kind of features do you need on a motherboard?
Where are you located?
Which 4GB RAM is that? Specific model number please.
Which specific PSU is that?

Thanks for taking time! :)

Mainly I play games and browse the internet, nothing fancy like Photoshop or video editing.

For the motherboard I don't have much that I absolutely need except the ability to use SLI in the future. What features are you thinking about?

I'm located in Sweden, Stockholm.

Here's the product page for the RAM I bought, it's in Swedish but the vital information is readable: https://www.inet.se/produkt/5315032/corsair-4gb-2x2048mb-cl9-1333mhz-value

And here's the PSU from the same site: https://www.inet.se/produkt/6909443/corsair-vx-550w-80-kampanj
 
Back
Top