Upgrading my rig

Omionous11

Weaksauce
Hey guy's,

I'm rebuilding my gaming rig and I'm going for a white and black colour scheme at the same time. I currently would like to upgrade my mobo and ram ( from 8gig's too 16 ).

I have right now the ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer and G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory.

I'm looking to future-proof myself for at least 2-4 years.

I'm going to be SLI my 980 TI and water cooling my system after this. I also have the I5-4670k. So I need a mobo that can overclock well.

I'm not really tech savey I'm just a huge gamer. Looking for your knowledge to help me out :) Also if you know of any black Friday deals then that would be cool also !!

Could always check out the FS/FT section on the forums...So much good stuff there... But you should check out Blackfriday.com, it's a huge compiler for deals just for black friday. Love it.

Could always check out the FS/FT section on the forums...So much good stuff there... But you should check out Blackfriday.com, it's a huge compiler for deals just for black friday. Love it.

Thanks for the reply, I was really hoping to get some help on picking out a good board ! As I'm not very good with the details.

Hey guys, I found this MSI X99A SLI KRAIT EDITION LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard and was wondering what everyone thought of it ?

You said you have the i5-4670k, and the mobo you linked is x99 with socket 2011, so I don't know if it was an oversight on your side or you are looking for a new CPU aswell.

I would just upgrade the CPU you have to the best for your socket. Unless you want the small performance boost/PCIe lane boost.
I am on a much older i7 (1366) and I have yet to see a really good reason to upgrade.
Still I understand that when you get the upgrade bug it tends to itch until you finally just do it.

You said you have the i5-4670k, and the mobo you linked is x99 with socket 2011, so I don't know if it was an oversight on your side or you are looking for a new CPU aswell.

Ohh ok I didn't know my cpu wouldn't work, So I would have to go with x97 mobo ? I just wanted the best I could buy. I like to futureproof this rig for a while.

I would just upgrade the CPU you have to the best for your socket. Unless you want the small performance boost/PCIe lane boost.
I am on a much older i7 (1366) and I have yet to see a really good reason to upgrade.
Still I understand that when you get the upgrade bug it tends to itch until you finally just do it.

Haha I def have the upgrade bug for the past week ! my CPU is fine for me at the moment so I really just wanted to upgrade my mobo and ram before I installed my water cooling unit.

Back