Upgrading monitor.. Need advice

Canuk75

n00b
Its time for me to upgrade from my 19 inch CRT Samsung Synmaster.. I've been doing a ton of reading and to be honest.. I'm not sure so I thought I would ask you guys or girls..:)

I game alot.. I play MMO's and FPS games.. I was thinking 24 inch but not sure on TN or IPS or even PLS panels.. I've only ever used a CRT monitor so I'm not sure what would be best.. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated..

What graphics cards? or more directly what resolution do you want to play at? 1080p is probably the average price/performance.

If that works for you, then VE278Q is a good value, for a bit more and a smaller screen the Dell ultra sharp 24" is almost perpetually on sale. There are some pretty good TN's now a days.

GTX 570 and more then likely play at 1080p.. Does it matter anymore the different between TN and IPS when playing games?

There is a difference, but it's smaller then it was in the past. Basically the colors you see are closer to their real world counterparts, most evident in dark areas. viewing angels as well are superior but how often do you view your computer monitor at on off angle?

Ya I seen that today at Bestbuy.. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting an IPS panel.. Which IPS panel is best for gaming? And I pretty much sit right in front of my monitor..

Back