Upgrading from onboard Audio

Destonomos

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
1,027
I've had it, i've had way to many audio problems out of this motherboard to put up with it any longer. This is the last time I buy a motherboard with AC'97 audio on it. Its worthless crap. Anyways /endrant, I am upgrading to a soundblaster and I was wondering which would be the best to go with for me? I am spending somewhere within the 70 to 80 dollar range. I want it to sound nice and realize i've never used anything but onboard sound my entire life.
 
Both equally. I listen to alot of music and I do a lot of gaming. I have gta:sa and I promised myself I wouldn't keep playing it until I got my new soundcard and I also play counterstrike and the like.

I have a set of midiland 5.1's in my room right now. 83 bucks off newegg.com
 
hmm, 90 dollars with a 15 dollar instant rebate? Hmmm thats tempting because on neweggs site that puts it's price range near the card below it then they tack on that additional 25 dollars off that is a MIR. I could try it and even if the MIR doesn't work then I got the card for the normal price no biggie. Thats probably what I will buy when my ebay auctions are over and I am paid.
 
Back
Top