upgrading from ASUS Xonar DG

hardc0re

Gawd
I've had the Xonar DG for quite some time now.. it was a step up from the onboard sound but it left me with wanting for more. I most recently listened to some music through a stock intel board and was quite impressed at the sound superiority and clarity, not to mention the sound separation from different instruments. That leaves me asking myself what can I upgrade this Xonar DG to to get better quality sound? I use a pair of Sennheiser HD518 and the PX100 on occasion, just dont want to settle for less.

I believe most people move to usb dacs for best audio quality, they are like $100 some bucks on ebay I think.

If you do not use any features like dolby headphones on the xonar card you can do this.

My info is a bit iffy thou, maybe someone who has used a usb dac can tell you more.

Do you play games? If so, get a Creative Z for SBX surround for games and decent audio for music.

If not, you can explore external DAC/amps. Schitt Magni/Modi is $200 for both.

i picked up a XFI titanium HD and am throughly impressed with the sound quality, just couldnt get the additional software to recognize the card, the console and stuff dont recognize the card which is pretty disappointing from a flagship card from a big manufacturer and seller like Creative.

Back