Upgrading from a GeForce3...

SlimShady

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 2, 2000
Messages
1,143
this baby has served me well over the years and I was a fool when I just HAD to buy one at $300 when it first came out. but now i think its time she's retired...

so im looking for the best upgrade path in the $125-175 region. I'd prefer an nvidia setup, but if there is a radeon card that delivers much better performance in that range, id consider that.

so, what am i looking at?
 
agreed, the card in the link above will make your gf3 walk towards the light.
 
Same here.. I upgraded from a GeForce 3 Ti200 up to my new 9800Pro R360 in May. I have seen the light!
;)
 
I'm still waiting for my time to come. Once I sell my Alienware, it's back to PC gaming for me.
 
wait a little longer and upgrade to the 6600 or the 6600GT
by then you could have saved up a few more bucks and get yourself the daddy of them all and get the 6800GT
:D
 
Hang onto that GF3...put it in your "guest gamer" computer. Still runs great in UT2004, Battlefield, etc. I've got a Chaintech Ti200 that overclocks amazingly well (I dont recall the exact clock speeds), and scores over a 10k in 3dmark01 in an athlonxp system.
 
I got my 'egg reciept right here - VisionTek GeForce3 = $363!!

/smacks forehead -

Anyways - just upgraded from my 3 year old GF3 with a Gainward fx5900XT 128/256 Golden Sample. 3 Year Warrenty, Good HSF, nice clocks all for $187 my door.

I like it a lot - and all the ATI guys flip cuz I bought it instead of a 9800 Pro. ;)

I run mine at 466/850 with OEM cooling. 480/848 for Bench.
 
Back
Top