Upgrading from a dell U2407 to U3415

Hi all,

sorry but I had to ask, and thought this was the best place to ask. I don't see many monitors, I live in a country where there simply aren't many in shops, have to order abroad or local (more $$) so thought to ask in here.

I like to play Wow and some RPG type games (immersion/escapism) and like to do some photo work. I have a Dell 2407, it's been good but I need an upgrade, it's old now.

So my question to the panel is, I guess the ultrawide U3415 will look good for say Wow or Skyrim, but how compared to my Dell 2407 (I'm ok with 5ms response time and ok with ag coating). Is it (3415) better hands down or is some of the tech better in my 2407? Same for photo quality. Would photos at full rez look better on my 2407 vs this new 3415? I wish I could see both. Not really a tech head when it comes to monitors. The 2407 was a kind of of faux pre-ips I believe.

The U3415 is much better in every respect, I have used both, but it has been years since I have used a 2407.

Wow thanks so much for answering DaPayne, made my day! Cool, sounds like you like it. Thinking of picking one up next month and a new rig to go with.

It's pretty awesome. I have a 2407wfp-hc and the U3415 is literally better in every single way.

It's really big you might not like such a big jump I think 27" is too big...

Don't buy those pieces of garbage. If you must get a LCD, at least get one that doesn't have an artificially limited refresh rate, such as a QX2710 or a Monoprice 4K monitor.

Don't buy those pieces of garbage. If you must get a LCD, at least get one that doesn't have an artificially limited refresh rate, such as a QX2710 or a Monoprice 4K monitor.

lol, what? there's nothing wrong with wanting a good quality monitor with the best warranty/replacement program in the monitor business. you get what you pay for. i'll pay the extra money for the piece of mind any day of the week.

i'd also take the 21:9 / 3440x1440 / 60hz over a crap korean or any one of these early 4K monitors any day of the week, regardless of refresh rate.. considering a mix of professional and gaming use. at least until that Acer Predator hits the streets (and it lives up to the growing hype, of course). granted, i am biased. i just bought a U3415W.

I have used 2407wfp for years and finally I got rid of if a couple of months ago. Since then I had Hp ZR2440w, Dell U2412 and I just sent back to the shop S2715H. The colors and blacks on new (cheep) IPS monitors are incomparable, I miss my 2407 all the time...

I also use in 2407 , this is very nice ..
g.png

Still using my Dell 2407WPC-HC.

Should i upgrade?

Still using my Dell 2407WPC-HC.

Should i upgrade?

Well that's a ridiculous question. How can we tell you? Only you can tell this. A little reading here and there would be of benefit.

I made the thread for those that have 2405/2407/2409 etc and were considering the jump up to the new curved monsters. Or similar brands of same size. It's a very valid question as it changes your real estate quite considerably, and your workflow. It's not a 'no brainer' in that respect.

Comments that made me think about this whole idea were that it was a really very big monitor, very noticeably so (I once bought a dell 30" and took it back a day later as it was just too big) and some saying this is a major upgrade and of course, there are people complaining about the ips glow in corners.

Back