Upgrading from 570 gtx to a 750 ti

You won't get performance gains. You'll get close to the same performance plus or minus depending on the title (probably minus unless you overclock the 750ti), but you will get far lower power use and less noise.

From what I've seen a 750ti can come close to a GTX 480 and sometimes pass it when OC'ed. A 570 is around 480 level performance, so i'd imagine the 750ti will come in slightly slower at stock but you shouldn't notice a difference. Maybe 2-3 fps if that. But on the other fronts such as noise and power use, the 750ti will be far far better.

I want to upgrade my Asus 570 gtx to a shorter card with lower power usage and noise.

So long as you make up your mind between the two because in very few cases does switching your series model to something lower happen to be an upgrade, this being no exception.

Switching will save you massive amounts of power usage and any card in the 600/700 Series will blow your mind with how well they've advanced in cooling (Nvidia's R&D payed off big time!).

You have to make up your mind as to whether you want an upgrade or something that focuses more toward low power/noise. GTX 750 Ti is a pretty badass little sucker, but it's a sign of things to come. Why not wait for the rest of Maxwell?

Alright so the 750 Ti is a upgrade when it comes to low power/noise, and overall card size. What if I pay a bit more and buy the overclocked edition from Evga? Would performance still be negligible compared to my older 570 gtx?

Alright so the 750 Ti is a upgrade when it comes to low power/noise, and overall card size. What if I pay a bit more and buy the overclocked edition from Evga? Would performance still be negligible compared to my older 570 gtx?

It'll close the gap that's for sure. It really helps that the GTX 750 Ti OC's incredibly well without any extra power.

Is it really worth spending $150 though, or do you just not game enough that anything is worth it?

Should only be about a $50 upgrade if you can sell your 570, but that $50 will buy a lot of power for that 570!

Well I've been wanting to change out my video card for a shorter one for awhile now. The main reason why is I have a Antec P180 mini and my current card takes up a lot of space. I've had to remove one of the hard drive cages due to the size of my card. A card like the 750ti would give me room to expand internal storage. This new card will also free up the internal sata ports on my motherboard, as the size of the 570 prevents me from using it.

It comes down to me just wanting to consolidate the limited space within my case. I'd be happy with a card that gives me improved noise/power ratio. But I do play some PC games occasionally, so I don't want a huge downgrade in that department.

I went from a gtx560ti to a 750ti SC

If i overclock the 750, it's negligibly slower than the 560ti. WAY less power usage and it hardly ever breaks 45c even at full load.

Back