upgrading from 4850 to 5770 or higher

i was just wondering if it is worth it right now for a video card upgrade, and i didn't know if the increase in performance between 4850 to the 5770 is that much or if it would be better for me to just get another 4850 to put in crossfire. i play typical games like dragon are, dow2 and a few others, i really just wanna see if i can make crysis any better. my monitor is a 21" lcd tv.

Wouldn't be worth going to a 5770. I would just get another 4850 or 5850.

a 2nd 4850 would be a great performance boost, and would totally outclass a 5770 in just about anything.

ok second question, i have never done a duel video card setup. isn't there supposed to be some kind of bridge that goes on top to connect each card or is that just in sli. if so where do i just buy one cause my motherboard or first 4850 didn't come with one

ok second question, i have never done a duel video card setup. isn't there supposed to be some kind of bridge that goes on top to connect each card or is that just in sli. if so where do i just buy one cause my motherboard or first 4850 didn't come with one

you would need a crossfire connector for dual cards, and they come with the cards, not the mobo. Might be able to pick one up on newegg or e-bay pretty cheap?
edit: or just ask if you got a second 4850 if it comes with one :)

ok i'm looking into the video cards now but it seems that xfx doesn't make my card anymore, can i just buy any 4850 that newegg has or does it have to have anythng that is the same as my old card(ram or anything else)?

ok i'm looking into the video cards now but it seems that xfx doesn't make my card anymore, can i just buy any 4850 that newegg has or does it have to have anythng that is the same as my old card(ram or anything else)?

you can mix and match with brand names etc. Ideally, make sure you get one with the same clock speeds/ram etc because if you get a faster card it will be throttled back to the slower cards speeds. Thats not a huge deal really, but theres no point in buying a factory overclocked card if your current card is not overclocked or you have no intention of doing so.

Back