• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Upgrading crossfire Later

Nate5452

n00b
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
53
Currently have a 24" Samsung monitor. Now I do not want to crossfire now and I know its hard to predict the future.


What are the chances that adding crossfire down the road will extend the life of a computer with respects to gaming?


will I be able to play top of the line games at pretty good res just by adding another card 2-3 yeras down the road?

Thanks
And sorry if the question is a little confusing
Nate
 
My theory is, if you don't do it to begin with, by the time you decide to go CF, there will be something that is better that is worth buying over a second, older card.

Specially if you are thinking 2 to 3 years from now, the answer would most certainly be not worth it.
 
Thanks... The only reason why I asked was because the motherboard I want will only do CF, but I really wanted to get an NVIDIA GPU, but if I am not going to see a need to SLI/Crossfire down the road by adding an "older card" then I will get the NVIDIA
 
Back
Top