Upgrading a dying video card

EclipseRydr

Limp Gawd
I have a Dell XPS 410, E6600, 4gb ram, and 512mb nvidia 9800gt. The 9800gt gets quite loud whenever I watch videos, so I'm thinking of replacing it. I really don't use this computer very often, so I don't want to spend too much money. But I'm getting a 24 inch monitor for this computer.

Is there a minimum amount of ram on the video card I need to display the monitor at 1900x1200? And what would be a good single pci-e card to upgrade to? I'm not sure if any huge cards can fit inside this machine.

Does the power supply have 6 pin connectors to hook up to a video card or is it limited to the pci express slot for power as I know some of the 9800GT cards was eco..

I found a great deal on a 560GTX SE awhile back on newegg for $75 and I use it in my HTPC and it's been ok for things like Netflix and Blu-ray (windows 8) but your going have to found out your power limits with your power supply first and go from there..

For watching video? Just buy anything lol. The 560 is a little step up from what you have, but probably overkill for watching video? Similarly you could look at a 7770 as well.
For the best experience, you could just pick out a fanless GPU :cool:

Yes it's for multiple videos at once, usually watch them late at night :eek:

Do I need 1gb of ram on my video card for that 24 inch monitor or will another 512mb do the trick? That computer is only used once every other month or so.

Back