Upgrading 8.1 enterprise to Windows 10

outers

Limp Gawd
So my buddy gave me an enterprise key for win 8.1 and I didn't realize this was frowned upon. I'm looking to upgrade to Windows 10 and I'm wondering what the best way to do it is. Unfortunately Microsoft doesn't offer the free upgrade path for enterprise. Should I buy a cheap Windows 7 key and install that and upgrade from there or just buy Windows 10 outright?

So my buddy gave me an enterprise key for win 8.1 and I didn't realize this was frowned upon. I'm looking to upgrade to Windows 10 and I'm wondering what the best way to do it is. Unfortunately Microsoft doesn't offer the free upgrade path for enterprise. Should I buy a cheap Windows 7 key and install that and upgrade from there or just buy Windows 10 outright?
Yes, buying a legit key is exactly what you should do. You can get a Windows 10 OEM version for around $100 on sites like Newegg or Amazon.

I've seen windows 7 going for around $50, it may be cheaper to buy that instead and use that key for windows 10 instead of buying win 10

I've seen windows 7 going for around $50, it may be cheaper to buy that instead and use that key for windows 10 instead of buying win 10
Between now and June 30th, that would be the cheapest way. But if Microsoft ever pulls the free upgrade offer this guy won't be able to transfer his 10 license to a new computer. You might as well spend $100 and get the full 10 license that you can have forever rather than rely on an upgrade offer that is only temporary until you build a new system.

Back