• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

upgradeing E6850 to Q9650 ?

killer_dk

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
92
Is it worth Upgrading my Core 2 E6850 3 GHz to Quad Q9650. I know that Battlefield Bad Company 2 supports quad core. but how much perfomance will it give me ?
I have a ATI 5870 gfx card , and 4 Gb system Ram.
 
Is it worth Upgrading my Core 2 E6850 3 GHz to Quad Q9650. I know that Battlefield Bad Company 2 supports quad core. but how much perfomance will it give me ?
I have a ATI 5870 gfx card , and 4 Gb system Ram.

Big jump in that game.

Extra 20fps average
 
get the Q9550 because i think its a guaranteed EO stepping since intel already cleared the batch of the last revision... idk if its the same with the q9650 tho
 
The Q9650 has a x9 multiplier whereas the Q9550 has an 8.5 multiplier.
Other than that, there the same.
 
And if u have MC near by go there, I dont think that Q9650 is worth the money u will be adding for just a 0.5 multi.
 
For the money that the 9650 costs, I think an upgrade to an i5/i7 is best.
 
For the money that the 9650 costs, I think an upgrade to an i5/i7 is best.
I agree, but you're forgetting the extra money you need to spend on a new mobo. If you do get a q9650, I'd get it used.
 
Go for a Q9550 & overclock it. Q9650 not worth the extra cash.

Indeed. I'm running my q9550 @ 3.8. (C1 revision. Not as good as E0.) It's a beast in games.

I got mine cheap though, $100 Can. shipped. Would have been half that, but I got dinged by the "highway robbery fee" from UPS when it crossed the border. Otherwise known as a brokerage fee. (I like mine better.) Had the shipper claimed it was a gift, or was valued <$20 Can. I could have avoided that fee.) He had no clue they did that, neither did I. Imagine my surprise at having to spend $45+ more than I had budgeted for.

Still ended up with a steal of a deal, but I'd have preferred the original $50 I had expected it to cost.
 
Did you go through w/ this? Anyone else go from dual to quad in BC2 and notice a big change?
 
Back
Top