upgradeing E6850 to Q9650 ?

killer_dk

Weaksauce
Is it worth Upgrading my Core 2 E6850 3 GHz to Quad Q9650. I know that Battlefield Bad Company 2 supports quad core. but how much perfomance will it give me ?
I have a ATI 5870 gfx card , and 4 Gb system Ram.

Is it worth Upgrading my Core 2 E6850 3 GHz to Quad Q9650. I know that Battlefield Bad Company 2 supports quad core. but how much perfomance will it give me ?
I have a ATI 5870 gfx card , and 4 Gb system Ram.

Big jump in that game.

Extra 20fps average

get the Q9550 because i think its a guaranteed EO stepping since intel already cleared the batch of the last revision... idk if its the same with the q9650 tho

The Q9650 has a x9 multiplier whereas the Q9550 has an 8.5 multiplier.
Other than that, there the same.

And if u have MC near by go there, I dont think that Q9650 is worth the money u will be adding for just a 0.5 multi.

For the money that the 9650 costs, I think an upgrade to an i5/i7 is best.

For the money that the 9650 costs, I think an upgrade to an i5/i7 is best.
I agree, but you're forgetting the extra money you need to spend on a new mobo. If you do get a q9650, I'd get it used.

Go for a Q9550 & overclock it. Q9650 not worth the extra cash.

Indeed. I'm running my q9550 @ 3.8. (C1 revision. Not as good as E0.) It's a beast in games.

I got mine cheap though, $100 Can. shipped. Would have been half that, but I got dinged by the "highway robbery fee" from UPS when it crossed the border. Otherwise known as a brokerage fee. (I like mine better.) Had the shipper claimed it was a gift, or was valued <$20 Can. I could have avoided that fee.) He had no clue they did that, neither did I. Imagine my surprise at having to spend $45+ more than I had budgeted for.

Still ended up with a steal of a deal, but I'd have preferred the original $50 I had expected it to cost.

Did you go through w/ this? Anyone else go from dual to quad in BC2 and notice a big change?

Back